Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rooster Country

The second day of our trip we got up early and tried to go on a hike called "tunnels." The tunnels were made for irrigation to the crop fields, but are no longer used and it makes for a really exciting hike. But the main challenge is getting to it. We tried twice to get there but our little car couldn't make it over the water covered road or all the pot holes. You need a 4wd vehicle for sure. We hope to come back to Kauai again and rent a jeep and do a couple more hikes that our car could not bring us to.
After our let down of not being able to do one of the main hikes we were looking forward to doing we decided to take a drive up to Waimea Canyon.
I have never been to the grand canyon our seen anything like this before. It was so beautiful. It was hard to capture in pictures how big it is. Landry always reminds me when we see something amazing here on this earth that it does not compare to what Jesus has prepared for us in Heaven. That is pretty exciting!
We drove and stopped at a lot of the lookouts and then we hiked one of the trails to get a closer view.
Unfortunately, it rained on us most of the hike. For some strange reason Landry loves to hike in the rain. He thinks it is more adventurous, but I usually just feel cold and uncomfortable. We tried to jog some of the trail but the rain was making it pretty slippery. The hike in was fun, but the hike out was a bit more challenging since it was mostly up hill. It was worth it for the view.

I am so thankful God created beautiful things on this earth for us to enjoy. When I saw how large this canyon was it reminded me of how big God is. My small mind can not comprehend God's power. I pray today that I will put complete trust in him.




No comments:

Post a Comment