Friday, August 17, 2012

Chinaman's Hat


 Today we were ready for a new adventure so we swam out to a little island known as Chinaman's hat. It is called Chinaman's hat because of its cone shape, which resembles the peasant’s hat worn in rural China. It is very beautiful to look at from the beach, but you can't see its real beauty unless you explore it close up!





A lot of people take a kayak out to the island, but we snorkeled out to it. It is about 450 meters from the beach to the island and takes about 45 minutes.

The mountains behind us were so beautiful.






On our way back we went shopping(Hawaiian style) for some home decor for our apartment. We picked up some coral pieces that I am going to bleach and maybe paint some bright colors.



 I love my handsome hubby! We love being off all day with each other and enjoying the outdoors. Anything we do together is always fun:).





 Video from the top!
 We met some guys who had been out spear fishing and caught some octopus. The locals call it "taco." We asked if they were going to eat them and they said yes and then we asked how to cook it and they said they eat it raw. I am not sure I am up for eating uncooked octopus just yet. I held one and it was really cool to feel it suction to my hand. Landry bought a spear a while back and really wants to try it out soon.

Aloha from the Allens!

No comments:

Post a Comment