Monday, September 10, 2012

I Love Thursdays!

I look forward to making it until Thursday every week. Thursday is the one day my husband and I have off every week together and we have complete freedom from sunrise to sunset. This is usually the day we go hiking, to the beach, or something active and outdoors. But this Thursday I requested to have a "normal" day. I know this may sound strange. Pretty much for the past 7 months of living on this Island nearly every off day we are go, go, go trying to pack in everything we can into one day. I am normally either sweaty from a hike or salty from the ocean. Which I am definitely NOT complaining about. My very selfless husband is always asking me what sounds fun to me to do for the day, so I decided I wanted to wear regular clothes and have a day like we would have spent together in Nashville before we lived on an island.
So we went to a couple shops and then ate lunch at Chillis. Then we headed to the windward side of the island to go to a farmers market.
We had so much fun walking around outside and looking at everything. That had lots of unique flowers. We went with a classic flower for our purchase.
This charming sunflower was only three dollars. I always want to buy flowers to put on our table because it makes me feel happy to see them. For some reason I really didn't want to buy any, but Landry was relentless in convincing me we needed to get this one.
Can you pick out my goofy husband in this picture?? He was waiting on our dinner. We had a chicken gyro, a side salad, and a piece of watermelon. I haven't tasted watermelon since last summer in Tennessee and it tasted like a sweet piece of the south.
Here is another flower picture. Landry normally does not want to waste money on flowers that die, but he really was in the mood to buy some this day for some reason. We almost bought some of these ones as well. I am not sure what type of flowers are in the orange bucket in this picture, but they smelled just like honey suckles.

We had a great "normal" day.
We purchased one sunflower, three mangoes, romaine lettuce and bananas. Everything was fresh, nutritious and delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment