Monday, February 6, 2012

Koko Crater Railway Trail

Our first of many mountains to climb was Koko crater it is an interesting hike because of the history behind it. You climb up old railroad tracks that where used in World War II. It was a very strenuous hike at one point it feels like you are just climbing straight up. At around the half way point Landry said, "next time I think we should come up it twice to get in better shape." I looked at him like he was a crazy man. Half way up I wasn't sure if I could keep going I sat down and got up real quick and felt so dizzy I thought I was gonna fall backwards down the mountain. Needless to say I should have probably started out with the beginner hike. I am so excited to be able to enjoy the outdoors year round here. What a blessing to be able to use God's creations to exercise. We are looking to buy a good trail map and going to try to hike all that we can while we are here. So any visitors get ready for a guided tour!:)

The view from the top as always was defiantly worth the hike up. We went back down the same way we came up, but a lady from church told me that you can hike around the crater on the back side, so we will have to try that next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment