Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Allen Adventures Begin!

Today is the day! Even though we only found out a week and a half ago we were moving to Hawaii, it has felt more like a month. My mind has been overflowing and I have not been able to turn it off. So much to figure out and think about! But all a long God has been whispering in my ear to have faith and trust in his plan. Every little bump in the road last week came a long with a quick solution and little stress. We flew this morning from Nashville to Salt Lake City the snow covered mountains were beautiful all around us. Our last snow to see for a while. Then we flew to Seattle, the whole plane ride as Landry laid asleep on my shoulder the word ABUNDANCE keep running through my head. Probably has something to do with the book I have been reading today on simplifying your life(which I thought was rather appropriate since we are moving to a new place with 2 suitcases and nothing else yet). As I packed my bags and cleared our one bedroom apartment I realized how abundantly blessed we are. Sometimes I have caught myself thinking of how small our apartment is and how I dream of a house one day where guests don't sleep in our living room and where I have enough counter space in the kitchen to cook more than one thing at a time. The more stuff I packed up for storage the more free I find myself feeling. I want to live an "emptier life" to have space to be filled with God and not possessions. I find myself feeling like I need more and more and I always long for a peace with everything I already have. I also have seen how abundantly blessed we have been with great friends. I have been blown away with the support and love shown to us as we embark on this new adventure. My prayer today is to trust in God and his peace as we arrive tonight 10pm Honolulu time and 2 am Nashville time. I pray to fully lean on God trust he will provide for us as he has before!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. I am so excited for yall. It is going to be so great. I will keep up with you through your blog. Dying to know how you like it.
    Love, Amy Harrell

    ReplyDelete